The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth) seeks to protect individuals against interferences with their privacy by regulating the way in which private organisation collect, handle, disclose, use and store personal information.
Fine Line Painting (Aust) Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information. We understand how important the privacy of your personal information is to you. Fine Line Painting is committed to complying with the Act and the privacy provisions of all applicable legislation.
What is “personal information”?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition, criminal record, etc) to everyday (ex: address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, test results and other information obtained by Fine Line Painting in connection with your possible employment. Personal information includes sensitive information. In most cases personal information can only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Fine Line Painting for its own legitimate and lawful use and on behalf of staff at Fine Line Painting who require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your employment.
How your information will be collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you submit your resume to Fine Line Painting either by responding to an advertisement in a newspaper, or other various 3rd party websites or directly from the Fine Line Painting website or by simply posting, emailing or handing in your resume to our office.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
• We receive any reference about you;
• We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body (via reference checking);
• We receive results of any competency or medical tests;
• We receive performance feedback (whether negative or positive);
• We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
• We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you were involved;
• We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; and
• You provide us with any additional information about you at our request or at your own initiative.
Use of your personal and sensitive information
Fine Line Painting may only use your personal and sensitive information for legitimate and lawful purposes.
Your relevant personal and sensitive information will be used in connection with:
• Your actual or possible employment;
• Your performance appraisals;
• Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
• Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
• Our identification of your training needs;
• Any workplace rehabilitation;
• Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved; any insurance claim or proposal that required disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Disclosure of personal and sensitive information
In most circumstances Fine Line Painting will only disclose your personal and sensitive information for its primary purpose. It may be disclosed to:
• Potential and actual clients of Fine Line Painting;
• Other staff of Fine Line Painting;
• Our insurers
• A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
• A workers compensation body;
• Our contractors and suppliers;
• Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Your provision of information
If you do not provide us with accurate and relevant information, we may be:
• Limited in our ability to assess you for suitable employment;
• Limited in our ability to place you into employment
Note that the limitations referred to above are only connected to personal and sensitive information that is lawfully relevant to the work that you may be seeking or undertaking.
You can gain access to your information to correct if it is wrong
• Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (NPP 6 – Access and Correction), you have the right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
• If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
• If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not correct, accurate or up-to-date
• If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact your consultant at the branch where you registered with Fine Line Painting